Passes medications and provides direct care to facility residents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Medication Aides must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations. Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position.
- Passes medications and gives treatments according to physicians’ orders and in accordance with facility policy.
- May be required to give shift report on status of residents.
- May be required to document in the resident records.
- Responsible for notifying charge nurse of medications needing to be refilled.
- Assures personal and staff compliance to residents’ rights.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized medication cart and medication room.
- May be required to assist residents with personal hygiene tasks and other activities of daily living.
- May be required to assist with psychosocial groups and or activities.
- May be required to develop and maintain accurate accounting of all resident personal property for assigned unit. Identify property and keep inventory sheet current.
- May be required to pass ice and water.
- May be required to perform duties as set forth on Certified Nurse Aide job description as needed.
- Monitors personal and staff compliance to all State and Federal requirements including but not limited to blood-borne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control, and fire safety.
- Monitors personal and staff compliance to resident’s rights.